Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday

It's happened too many times already....I've been in my "jamas" well past 4 o'clock. I quickly jump in the shower so that when Steven gets home I don't look like the lazy slob I've been all day.

But not today my friends. We were going to do something...anything.

I showered, dressed myself and my babies and we got the hell outta Dodge, or the house, whatever.

First stop, Walmart.

I've been waiting on Alice's newborn pictures so I can send out her birth announcment. Better late than never, right? Well, Walmart will be Walmart. I couldn't pick up the pictures because I need a copyright release form. My aunt took the pictures....not a professional photographer. So I hauled two babies into Walmart for NOTHING! I could have spit bullets.

Next, McDonald's

My addiction to a large diet coke is ridiculous. It has to be a fountain drink and it has to be in a Styrofoam cup. I love a good Styrofoam cup. I reuse the cups at home. It's that bad. The good news is I just got the drink but the fries were calling my name.

Finally, Village Park.

This was an adventure. I pushed Alice in the stroller and Connor walked....and ran....in every direction but the one I wanted. We were all nice and sweaty from the humidity when A decided to see just how much her diaper could hold. It holds a lot...but not enough.  So we stepped off the trail and changed a diaper. C tried to take off running. I grabbed A and ran after him leaving the stroller behind. C lost a shoe, tripped on the sidewalk, A screamed some more and I decided it was time to head home. 30 minutes later and I was loading up the car. Had I been alone, it would have taken less than 5 minutes to get to the car. We weren't nearly as far away as it sounds.

Getting out was worth it but it was hard. Tomorrow we tackle Connor's 12 month appointment....yes he's 14 months. We're behind because of insurance issues and you know, birthing A.

No comments:

Post a Comment