Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Catching Up.

The goal is to give out the web address to my blog at post 15...uh oh, I better get moving.

Catch up:

Work - Last week was a tough one. One student, we'll call him C, tried my patience! The highlights include...3 trips to the office, one suspension, quoting inappropriate songs and discussing inappropriate body parts. C held two dressing packets up to his chest and yelled ti**ies in the middle of the school cafeteria as well as telling me to "walk with a limp like an old school pimp." Isn't he precious? Oh and...I made my first report to DSS...something every teacher never wants to do.

Pets - Ivy has been strictly forbidden to be on the furniture. Friday she decided to pee on the couch! GROSS. Thankfully, Steven found it fast and it hadn't even soaked through her blanket yet. (Secretly I'm glad this happened because now Steven is on board with the no dog on the furniture rule.)

Monday was an eye opening day for me as I realized I'm "that person." Yes, I did split a happy meal with my dog!

House - still no bed rails. UGH! If only you could feel my frustration!!! I called the furniture store and they informed me that they would be shipped on March 3rd...almost 6 weeks after I've ordered them. Note to self...never got to that "great" store again.

Meanwhile, painting plans are set. Sarah, Thad, Michael, Chris, Steven and I are all planning to tackle painting the great room on March 12. I can't wait. I've gone back to my original pick, orange.

Books - Finished reading The Next Thing on My List - overall it was a cute book. I absolutely hated the ending though. I'm looking forward to my first book club meeting on Friday. I plan on making the taco soup from the book.

Little House on the Prairie - I started to read it to refresh my memory for a pioneer unit I'm planning. I forgot how much I love this book. I'm seriously thinking about rereading the series. It will be a nice break from romance and vampires. Not that I don't love the Twilight and Sookie Stackhouse Novels.

There you have it....my uninteresting, poorly documented week.

No comments:

Post a Comment