I wanted to live in Raleigh because that's where my friends were and where I had planned to move after college had I not met Steven.
I wanted to live in Gastonia as a compromise.....we would be close to Kannapolis but still close to my family and friends. Okay, okay, it wasn't really a compromise but I never said I was good at compromise.
Steven wanted to live in Kannapolis. It's where he grew up and where his family and friend live. Steven tends to win when we have big decisions to make and he's not real great at compromise either.
So here we are home sweet Kannapolis....I resented the idea of living here at first. I didn't have any friends or family in the area AND IT IS A SMALL TOWN. Literally, everywhere we would go, Steven knew someone.
I graduated college and got a job in the tiny town (population 42,501) at a tiny school (about 300 students) teaching tiny children (ages 6,7,8.)
Little did I know how much I would love living in a tiny town.
Steven suggested What - A - Burger for dinner the other night (a tiny chain restaurant) and as I was walking to my car it struck me just how much I love my life in this tiny town. I love going to Intimidator's games, the tiny professional baseball team. I love knowing that no matter where I go I'll see familiar faces just like Steven always did. I love that my in laws live 5 minutes away and work is 3 minutes away. I love that some of the best friends I've made are my coworkers and I love taking our dog on walks through our tiny neighborhood!
My favorite thing about this tiny town though is that it's where we had our BIG wedding. Everywhere we go there are memories of our wedding. It may be the tiny train depot where we had our huge rehearsal dinner, or the tiny methodist church where we had our big wedding ceremony or even the old bank building where we had our reception.
I'm glad that this tiny town holds such big memories already!
No comments:
Post a Comment