So I planned to update everyday this week starting Sunday.
But...something else started on Sunday instead.
The 24 hour bug from HELL!
Seriously people, that's what it looked/felt like.
It hit me at 2:30 am and Steven turned the corner at 6 am. It was so bad we called his parents to take Connor for the day. We couldn't get out of bed. Unless of course it was to vomit.
I made it through 10 months of pregnancy and didn't vomit once. But I found myself on all fours on the dog bed leaning over a pot a good part of the night. (I told you the picture above was pretty accurate didn't I?)
Steven's parents called to say Connor was suffering with diarrhea later that afternoon. That seems to be about as bad as it got for him.
By Monday evening we were feeling well enough to venture out of bed, eat some soup, drink some ginger ale and call the in-laws to bring Connor back. It was his bedtime and we figured we could manage that.
Steven changed one nasty diaper and back to the bathroom he went! Poor guy, I think it stuck with him a little longer than me.
We seem to be fully recovered today but just a little weak. Needless to say I didn't blog yesterday or Sunday evening. I'll try and stick it out for the rest of the week.
Oh interesting side note: The entire time Steven and I have been together I've never heard him vomit. It's very theatrical (just like his sneezes that I can't stand.) In all my misery, I couldn't help but laugh as his gags echoed through the house. At one point it was so bad the he scared Connor and Ivy. Steven got mad at me because he didn't realize I was joking when I said I thought he was just trying to one up me and be the "most sick."

No comments:
Post a Comment