Monday, November 7, 2011

Sleep

It's not happening for anybody around here.

Connor came home from the hospital a baby that knew how to sleep. Then we hit the 4 month mark.

Connor's nights used to look like this:
8:00 Bed time
3:00 Feeding
8:00 Awake for the day.

Now they look like this:
7:00 Bed
10:00 Wake for no obvious reaason.
12:00 Feeding
1:00 Wake for no obvious reason.
2:00 Wake for no obvious reason
4:00 Wake for no obvious reason but we feed him in hopes of sleeping a little later.
7:30 Wake for the day
*sometimes he wakes more, sometimes less*

We are tired.

He's taking only quick cat naps and averaging 1.5 to 2 hours of nap time a day.

Connor is tired.
And fussy.
And cranky.

So are we.

I've read articles and talked to other moms. Everyone suggests the Ferber method.....sigh. This is sooooooooooooo not for us.

I'm currently reading The No Cry Sleep Solution. It's not a quick fix and Elizabeth Pantley is very clear about that.

I don't need immediate, I just need to know there is an end in site.

1 comment:

  1. I read Mindell's Sleeping Through the Night. Jackson never slept well until we
    1. stopped swaddling him so he could self soothe himself back to sleep
    2. put him to bed groggy but not asleep

    I could never do the Ferber method either. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete