Thursday, July 29, 2010

POS PCOS

....The lab called and said my doctor wanted to meet with me for a consultation. They suspect I have PCOS. My world stopped.

I left my grant immediately. I went home and spent the afternoon in bed. I only spoke to my husband and my two best friends......briefly.

This was it. My bad thing.

I've surpassed people's expectations my whole life. I graduated from high school and college. I'm in my fourth year of a career that I love and about to start my third year of marriage to a man that I love. I have little debt, a house, two cats and a dog. It doesn't sound like much but I'm proud to say I've gone above and beyond what anyone expected.

And now here I am. Not working properly. Perhaps unable to have children. andthatsucks....I was looking forward to having the first grandchild on both sides of the family. Now how do I answer the question that all newlyweds face in their first years of marriage. "When are you going to have kids?" Broken....that's me.

So sure, I surpassed expectations......at least all expectations that don't involve having children. (Except the one where I have a baby before I finished high school!)

So hello meds, hello pity, hello all things I never wanted to do. Here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment