Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vacation - All I ever wanted

For some reason during the summer I feel entitled too multiple vacations.....maybe because we never really took vacations growing up and I'm trying to make up for it. Surewhynot.

This summer I dove right in to vacation number 1: North Myrtle Beach

After waiting in the hall for 1.5 hours we were finally put in a room that didn't smell like oil paint! But the room was upgraded to ocean front so it was totally worth it!

The first night there we decided to take a walk on the beach since it was too late to swim. The beach was crawling with aquatic life. This boy had just caught a shark and Michael and I were brave enough to touch it. We say manta-rays swimming at our feet and fish caught it tide pools. I tried to save one to make up for the bird I smashed with my bumper on the way to the beach. No such luck, that fish was long gone. A moment of silence for the bird, if you will.

Our last night there we decided to walk down Ocean Drive and take a stroll through the sketchy "amusement park."

And my favorite picture from the whole vaca.....this one, taken on Cherry Grove Pier. Nhia asked a stranger to take our picture under the sign. As soon as we realized what the sign said, we scooped Katy up and smiled for the camera!

I declare vacation number one a success!

Onward to vacation number dos!

Steven and I decided to go to the mountains and take Ivy to visit some waterfalls. (Technically this was a day trip but we'll call it a vacation. It makes me seem more interesting that way.)

Ivy loves mountains, waterfalls and being off of her leash. All of which we were able to do when we took her hiking. We started out at the fish hatchery at Pisgah National Forest. There are some really nice trails back there. There is one spot in particular that Ivy loves and so do we. It's pretty far off the trail and there's a nice swimming hole there. We take her off her leash and she goes NUTS!

Seriously, it's HI-larious. First she tries to drink all the water in the creek, the she squats to pee ever other step.

Pressing forward.

Vacation Number 3

A long 4th of July weekend in Maggie Valley.

We went for a family vacation at Susan's cabin in Maggie Valley. Dad, Susan, Sarah, Thad, Steven and I all enjoyed a weekend that included rafting the Nantahala, shopping in Cherokee and fire works in Maggie Valley. Oh yeah, and we got to witness and true Cherokee Indian singing Achy Breaky Heart....Billy Ray would have been proud.

Yes, those are screen snapshots....but at $20.00 a pop what do you expect.

Anyway, this summer has already brought 3 exciting vacations. Are you ready to be jealous? I've got two more left. Another week at North Myrtle and an anniversary in Charleston. The best part is the Charleston will be free thanks to an earlier mix up at the Charleston Harbor Resort.






No comments:

Post a Comment