Friday, May 27, 2011

Home Induction....Take One

I never thought I would make it to 40 weeks 1 day. I'm not sure why because, as the doctor explained to me, 50% of women go past the 40 week mark with their first baby. *sigh* Baby Tilley, I'm so ready to meet you.

Today I went to Katie's house to see her and Jude. Mom came too. She flew in from AZ 3 days ago to help out with the baby....yeah...the one that's never coming out. Mom hung out for a bit and got to meet Jude. When she left Katie and I gorged ourselves on pizza and whipped up some lactation bars. Okay, so Katie made the lactation bars but I kept the chairs warm while I watched.

While I was at Katie's we were discussing a supplement she was taking and it occurred to me that I should take a supplement to help thin out my cervix. As of 39 weeks 6 days I'm only 50-60% effaced and no dilation. So on the way home, mom and I stopped in to see Steve A. and swung by Trader Joes. They had no raspberry leaf tea but they did have evening primrose oil....I bought it....We'll see how it goes.

Meanwhile, I'm off to find the tea and consider the castor oil. Does that work with no dilation??

No comments:

Post a Comment