Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stir Crazy

Seriously.....this is hard.






I'm 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant with no end in sight. Okay, that's not true. I know my doctors won't let me go past 42 weeks. June 9....It's May 31.

I can't sleep and I'm certainly not hungry. When my stomach growls, I cringe at the idea of cramming one more thing in my body. I don't want to eat because there's no room plus I know eventually it's going to make me feel like I have to go to the bathroom. Every time I have to go to the bathroom I wonder if the pressure is the beginning of labor.

It's so cruel.

I've never paid so much attention to every little twinge my body makes or feels.

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if my fear of induction weren't so great, if my body was showing some signs of progress, if my doctor's appointments weren't still scheduled a week apart and if I were still working and not just sitting around.

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

So as I'm typing waiting, I hear this playing in the background;

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
-John Waller

God works. I guess I just need to continue to have faith that my body will do what it needs to do.

Until then I will pray and wait....and try not to fear and dread.


No comments:

Post a Comment