Thursday, December 15, 2011

Five Things About Going Back To Work

1. I have full faith in Jesse watching Connor. I don't have full faith in our ability to get Connor dropped off and to us work on time. Steven will be taking him to Jesse's but we're not sure how much time this is going to add on his already long commute.

2. It felt good to be in the classroom again. I went into work on Monday to see a couple of new programs we've started this year. It felt like home and it was so nice to be outside of the house. It's going to take a lot of work to get my class and classroom where I want them to be though.

3. It's going to hurt. I haven't kept it a secret that I didn't enjoy the first 6 weeks of motherhood. It was hard and shocked my system. But my, oh my how I love 6 months. Connor is so much fun and I love how his personality is really shining through. The nice thing about Monday was that I could leave at anytime. I made it through lunch and headed out. It breaks my heart to think I won't be the one putting him down for naps. (I'm totally cool with not being the one to change his diapers.)

4. I don't know how I'm going to juggle everything. The thought of working, picking up Connor and making doctor appointments for the current pregnancy is enough to send me into a full blown panic attack. One day at a time, one day at a time.

5. This is my favorite thing about going back to work......The house cleaners are coming back! WOO HOOO! Seriously, biweekly cleanings were one of the smartest decisions Steven and I ever made. It took some convincing at first but even Steven admitted he liked it because we fought less. I know it may seem like a waste of money to some but if makes my marriage happier, I'm all for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment