Sunday, December 18, 2011

Four Hands Are Better Than Two

It's no secret that Connor is a super needy baby. He cannot be anymore than 3 inches from your face at any given time. He's also 22 lbs! The combination makes for sore arms and a messy house.

Steven and I had a super busy weekend ahead of us and I had a ton to get done on Saturday. I called in reinforcements. Sarah came over Saturday and spent the day tending to Connor while I cooked, cleaned and shopped. OMG! It was so nice. I understand now why Stacey had me come so often! (That being said, I took a tone of breaks to enjoy Connor!) I was in the house most of the day but I could get so much done if I stayed out of site. Thank goodness object permanence hasn't set in yet!


While Connor and Sarah played I cleaned the house from top to bottom, did so many loads of laundry that I lost count, cooked for our Christmas party that night and completed some last minute Christmas shopping. It was amazing!

****Disclaimer**** I know I should be able to do this stuff and be a mother too but I'm so far from super mom it's not even funny....and seriously, Connor is not the kinda kid you can just put down. Sigh, judge me if you must.

Saturday night the Muckler crew came over and babysat Connor so Steven and I could go to our last Christmas party of the season (whew, glad that's over!) It was so strange having Stacey and her kids in my house and being the one to give the instructions. I worked for Stacey for almost 5 years and she's a great mom but boy is she difficult to work for. Steven and I returned home to a sleeping baby, the 4 Muckler children asleep on the floor and Stacey ready to tell all the details of the night.

Sunday was a lazy day for us. Connor and I didn't make it to the Cantata because he fell asleep before church and I didn't want to wake him. Steven headed on without us. After church we had lunch with the Grandparents and Uncle Andrew. Connor and I had a long nap together. ( Have I mentioned how much I'm going to miss this when I go back to work?) Then we all headed to Village park to ride the train and see the Christmas lights. Connor really enjoyed seeing the lights but by the time we got off the train he was falling asleep. It's the second night in a row he's been up past bedtime.  Steven was playing with the settings on the camera so the pictures didn't turn out too well!




Here's to a slow week with no Christmas parties and the real Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment