It wasn't a long weekend for most people but anytime Steven has a Saturday and Sunday off is a long weekend for us. Yesterday we woke up with a happy Connor and just laid around a played for a good piece of the morning. Then we set off to Babies R Us to buy a play mat for Connor using a 20% off coupon. BUST! They wouldn't honor the coupon because a play mat is not considered a baby item but a toy. FOR REAL! Joke's on them. We ordered it for twenty dollars less from Amazon. Free shipping and all. BOOOO BRU. The play mat should be here Tuesday. Wahoo.
Later that night we met the grandparents for dinner and then headed to the park. There was live music and fireworks. Connor was in very good spirits and even fell asleep in his stroller. Ivy loved the mass of people and the cool night. We ran into my assistant Toni and her daughters and stopped to talk. Ivy loved Sydney. They were so stinkin' cute. I wish I was better at taking pictures!
Sunday morning came early but we made it to church. This was the first time in a month we made it. Connor must find some secret comfort in Sunday mornings because it's the only day he sleep in! We enjoyed listening to our new pastor's sermon. Connor enjoyed it so much that he cooed and gabbed through the whole thing. Seriously, this was the most I have ever heard him talk. I loved it, as did the rest of the congregation!
Sunday afternoon I went with my book club to see The Help. I loved it and it was so true to the book. It was also super nice to get out and see a movie like a big girl!
We had a lazy and uneventful Sunday evening. Fantastic!
So there you have it, our "long weekend." Here's to another long weekend...in 6 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment