Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Picking Veggies and Checking on Dogs

Connor and I got up bright and early this morning to beat the heat. We had to make the 1 hour trek to my dad's house to check on the dogs and pick veggies from the garden. Thankfully it was only 83 degrees when we got there. That's great compared to the upper 90's we've been tortured with lately....seriously, it's not even worth leaving the house.

We got to dad's and were greeted by the dogs. Ivy got to run around and play for awhile too. I can't go to dad's without taking her. Ivy hasn't been walked daily since Connor was born so we have to take advantage of every opportunity. I fed Connor then headed to the garden. I had to take Connor in his car seat because the garden is so far away from the house. The mosquitoes were very thick so I had to put a blanket over the carrier. He had beads of sweat on his face by the time I was done. I picked 2 envirosaxs full of veggies. One was FULL of tomatoes. My dad goes a little overboard as far as his garden is concerned. I picked squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers and red peppers. I dropped tons of stuff off at Katie's and took some home for myself.

No need to go to the Farmer's Market this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. And we thank you for the bounty! Those cucumbers were so big I thought they were squash at first! Livie only has a handful of the baby tomatoes left ;)

    ReplyDelete