One week ago today, Connor was born. This week has been a huge adjustment for us!
Eating
Connor is a big eater! At 9lbs oz he takes a lot of food. He eats 3 oz at every feeding and is eating every 2-3 hours. After a stressful attempt at breastfeeding, I decided to go with just formula. Today was his last day getting any breast milk. I feel guilty over this but I know it's best for both of us. It's been super hard on me and I haven't enjoyed Connor the way I should because of our issues. It even caused an anxiety attack.
Sleeping
Connor is an amazing sleeper. The first few nights I woke him up to feed him. Last night I decided to let him sleep and wake to eat when he was ready. He at at 12, 4 and 8.....umm, seriously can't complain about that! Connor sleeps in a pack n play next to our bed. He cries if we swaddle his arms so sleep sacks have been our go to sleep item. I love the way he looks bundled for bed!
Growth
Connor was 9lbs oz when he was born. He left the hospital at 9lbs. At his first doctor's appointment he was still 9lbs. We met with the lactation consultant on Tuesday and he weighed in at 9lbs oz! Woohoo for a healthy baby! Not many of Connor's newborn clothes fit him well and you can forget the newborn cloth diapers. He wears a small.
Motherhood
It's hard. The hardest part is my recovery. The episiotomy his healing well but I've had some unexpected glitches. Today I was admitted to the hospital for high blood pressure. Praise god all my labs came back normal. I've also had a tightness in my chest that I've diagnosed as anxiety. We will see how that pans out. Lastly, my abdomen is very tender just under my ribs on my right side. This is part of the reason I was admitted to the hospital so now I'm having to watch for certain symptoms to rule out my gallbladder. I feel like a crazy hypochondriac!
Fatherhood
I'm envious of the way Steven is adjusting. He is amazing. I fall more in love with him every time I see him interact with Connor. He feeds and changes him, cleans and manages to take care of my crazy butt. Seriously, I married the most amazing man.
So, can I imagine life without Connor? Yes, I think often about how easy it was and how different it is now. I already miss leaving the house on a whim and sitting at the movies with Steven. I miss having a body that isn't sore. BUT I love Connor more than I knew possible. I love putting him to bed and watching his expressions. I just have to get used to a new normal and I know I'll love that too.
No comments:
Post a Comment