Thursday, June 23, 2011

Week 2

Two weeks have flown by~

Eating
Connor is up to about 4 oz per feeding. Right now he's eating a lot more often. He started out on such a nice little schedule too! He eats every 1-2 hours. An ounce here, 4 there...whatever he feels like at the time. We have switched to Dr. Brown's bottles and there is much less gas and spit up now. Thank goodness! 

Sleeping
Connor is still sleeping well. He wakes up about 3 times a night. I usually take the first two and Steven does that last one. It's not too bad but sometimes I wish he would drink just a little faster!

Growth
Tomorrow Connor has his 2 week appointment. I can't wait to see how much he weighs! I'm sure it'll be a ton. He has outgrown a few of his newborn clothes. So sad...not that they ever fit just right though!

Motherhood
I'm recovering well. I feel pretty good and my weight it lower than it was pre pregnancy. I still need to pull out all of my clothes and go through them. My favorite Connor time is right before he goes to bed for the night. I take him to the bedroom and turn on the fan. I put him up on my left shoulder and snuggle him until he falls asleep. I love the way he curls into a little ball in my arms. He crosses his legs and arms. He is in a frog like position. I think I like this time so much because I can picture him in that same position inside me. It's like I have him all to myself again. 

Fatherhood
Steven is amazing! He just adjusted his time off so that he can be off through July 5th. I'm so grateful to have him here for this adjustment period. I seriously don't now how single moms do it. 

Happy 2 week birthday James Connor!


1 comment:

  1. I love that you have 'fatherhood' as a subject. That's so cute!

    ReplyDelete