Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week 3

Eating 
Connor has been eating twice as often but half the amount at each feeding. Sigh....a bottle lasts FOREVER and he always wants to eat. We could put a bottle in his mouth 24 hours a day and he would be the happiest baby around. 

Sleeping
You've been going to bed about an hour earlier than you used to. Rather than going to bed between 8 and 9 Connor is hitting the hay between 7 and 8. I keep meaning to research if babies should have a set bedtime. Silly thing to research I suppose. 

Growth
Connor had his 2 week check up last Friday at 2 weeks 1 day. He was a whopping 10lbs 3 oz and 22 3/4 inches. That's up 15 oz and 1/2 inch from birth. Given the previously mentioned eating habits, it's not surprising. 


Motherhood
I read something today about bonding with your baby. I instantly loved Connor but I'm not sure that bond was there. What I read mentioned that some women feel like they're staring at a stranger when they see their baby for the first time. I didn't feel like I was staring at a stranger but in hindsight, I'm not sure I had that instant bond. If anything, I was more in awe of how perfect and tiny Connor was. I was amazed that he came out of me and that God blessed us with such a miracle. I can say with 100% certainty now, that I am head over heals in love with my baby.  

Fatherhood
I asked Steven his thoughts on fatherhood. 
Steven: On fatherhood?!? What are you doing?
Me: Blogging
Steven: Who reads that? Anybody?
Me: Just Katie, sometimes.
Steven: Fatherhood...IT'S LOUD.

I laughed so hard at this. A very accurate description

Milestones
Connor FINALLY lost the umbilical cord. Although, we can't do a full on bath yet because it's still a little scabby. 



1 comment:

  1. Instant bonds are overrated ;)

    Avery & Livie both took me some time, but I'm fairly certain, 6 & 8 years later, we're good and bonded, LOL

    Bedtimes are all your choice mamacita.

    ReplyDelete