Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Real Deal

Everyone keeps asking how everything is going with Connor. I feel like I haven't been able to give a true answer because Steven has been home with me. Until today. Today was...

The Real Deal

6:00 - Connor woke up to eat and for a quick change. He then we right back to sleep. Small victory!

8:00 - Woke up to a crying baby that wet through his diaper. Fed Connor and stripped his sheets.

8:30 - Sat on the floor next to a crying Connor and ate a bowl of cereal. I had to have something!

8:30-11:00 - moved Connor around to his various stations; floor, swing, bouncy seat, tummy, my arms. He rotated about every 2 minutes between all but my arms. He spent most of his time there. Oh, and somewhere in here he had his first ever blowout...all over my shirt.

11:00-12:00 - Connor napped. Finally. This kid does NOT like to sleep. I think he's scared he'll miss something.

12:00 Lunch

12:00-2:00 Moved Connor around some more.

2:00-3:00 Went to the mall to buy more hand soap. Connor was a champ.

3:00-5:00 Played with Connor more, finished Water for Elephants laid in the bed while Connor napped next to me.

5:00-6:00 Planned for dinner and played with Connor

6:00-10:00 Felt relived that Steven was finally home, ate dinner, washed dishes, put Connor to bed and tried to hold my eyes open.

There you have it. The Real Deal. How was it? Hard.

4 comments:

  1. So, what did you think of Water for Elephants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a decent first day alone. I sobbed the first three days that Jesse went back to work, and when he came home I asked him not to leave us again. Now I love it! Without trying to give advice, I would wait a few weeks when you've got a nice routine going with you and Connor before you really decide about going back to work. Prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. liz - you're doing great with connor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the good advice Bonnie.

    Katie, I actually really, really liked the book. I didn't think I would. I agree with you about the crude/descriptive parts!

    ReplyDelete