Tuesday, July 26, 2011

ABCs

(Thanks for the idea Katie!)

A is for Apples - We went for a much needed visit with the Apple family today. Connor and Jude played and Katie and I chatted and had lunch. It was just what I needed!

B is for Beach - We took our annual beach trip with Steven's family. It was Connor's first trip and he got to spend lots of time with the grandparents. I couldn't resist taking him out to the water to dip is toes in the ocean. In true baby style, he slept through the entire thing! We did get some great pictures though!

C is for Connor....Seriously, I love this kid!

D is for Doctor - We had to make an unplanned trip to the doctor before we went to the beach. I noticed some tiny puss filled blisters in Connor's diaper area. I knew it wasn't diaper rash so I called the doctor. They wanted us to come in so they could look at it. Connor had a staph infection. He had to use a topical antibiotic for 5 days, 3 times a day. Thankfully, it's all cleared up.

E is for Elephants - I finished reading Water for Elephants for book club this Friday. I enjoyed the book a lot more than I thought I would. I'm anxious to see the movie.

F is for Fist - Over the past week Connor has discovered his fist. He LOVES sucking it in place of the paci. I crack up when I see him in his car seat working so hard to lean his head to meet his fist. He prefers his fist to just about anything...including the bottle at times!

G is for Grandpa - We spent this past Sunday visiting with Sir Grandpa to celebrate his birthday. Connor was excited to give Sir Grandpa his Kindle and spend time with Cousin Adora, Aunt Sarah and Uncle Joseph. We picked veggies from the garden, gorged on grilled hamburgers and finished the day with birthday cheesecake. YUM!

H is for Husband - Mine is still amazing! He has been so super helpful this past week. He's taken Connor shopping, watched him alone for several hours on end and let me sleep in! SWOON.

I is for Impossible - I feel like it's impossible to get anything done with an infant....including this blog, house cleaning and cooking.

J is for January - January is the month I will return to work. Connor will be 6 months old. I know returning to work will be hard but after much prayer and discussion, Steven and I decided this is what's best for us and our family.

K is for King of Thrones - My new favorite show that I've been squeezing in during Connor's "naps." (This one is a stretch!)

L is for lightening - lightening struck a line we lost a computer and the router. It's been a little hard to upload all of our pictures onto the laptop because the files are so big. Hopefully some will work their way into this post!

M is for Michael - I've been putting a lot of thought and research time into Michael's bachelorette party and bridal shower. I'm so stinking excited for her wedding! Tomorrow we're going to try on bridesmaid dresses. Michael was so gracious to wait until I wasn't fat and pregnant to make me do this!

N is for Nicholas Sparks - Seriously, why do I keep reading his books? I always read one at the beach. This year I read Safe Haven. Same formula as the rest of his books....boy meets girl. They fall in love while cooking a meal but something tragic is keeping them apart. Something else tragic happens to end the previous tragedy keeping them apart. This makes their love grow stronger. Someone dies. (not necessarily and main character) Love conquers all and they end up together.

O is for OBGYN - Hey, I had to fit it in here somewhere. I had my six week appointment last Thursday. Stitches are healed and I'm good to return to all normal activity.....physically at least!

P is for Pictures!











Q is for Quite time - There has been a lot more of this around the house over the past few days. I do believe Mr. C has hit a growth spurt which requires a lot more sleep. Getting big is hard work...unless of course, you do it the same way I did! : )

R is for reflux - I'm terrified that Connor is developing reflux. The amount he's been spitting up/projectile vomiting is a bit more than I would care to see. The good news is that he doesn't seem in pain.

S is for Smiles - There has been a huge increase in smiles around our house lately! Connor is cranking those beauties out! My favorite time with him is right after we wake up in the morning. Once he has had his bottle and a change, he's all smiles for about 40 minutes....I could eat his face!

T is for Tilleys - We had an impromptu Tilley family reunion at our house last night. Okay, it wasn't the WHOLE family, but it sure felt like it!

U is for United States Postal Service - They have kidnapped my husband. They're doing a huge overhaul of the post office. This means Steven's day doesn't start until 8:30 and ends anytime between 5:30-7:00. Add an hour commute to the end of that day and Steven barely gets to see Connor before he goes to bed. This is something we're both really struggling with.

V is for Voice - Connor seems to have discovered his voice. He is cooing all day long. I catch myself thinking that he on the verge of crying only to discover that he's talking! Love it!

W is for Work - Steven had last week off for our beach trip but we came back on Wednesday and had the rest of the week to relax. He was so helpful with the night feedings and diaper changes. I was more torn up with him going back to work this week than I was when he first went back after Connor's birth.

X is for......meh, is X really even a letter???

Y is for Yogurt - I'm dying to go back to Yogurt Lab. Seriously, this has been on my mind way too much! Steven and I had several yogurt dates at the end of my pregnancy.

Z is for Z End.....That works right?

1 comment:

  1. This turned out fabulously (even if you cheated out X and Z) ;)

    What is this tv show you speak of?

    Connor is SO stinkin' cute, loved the beach pictures!

    Can't wait to hear how dress shopping goes!
    p.s. Michael didn't have to wait, you were skinny again the second Connor came out!

    ReplyDelete