Friday, July 8, 2011

Ketchup

A family of tomatoes were walking downtown one day when the little baby tomato started lagging behind. The big father tomato walks back to the baby tomato, slaps her, and says, "Ketchup!"






4th of July Weekend
  We took Connor on his first overnight trip for the 4th of July. My dad's girlfriend invited us to her cabin in Maggie Valley. We stayed there last year too but with Connor the trip was very different. I was so anxious about traveling with Connor that I couldn't sleep the night before we left. I felt like I didn't know his routine well enough to pack for him plus our car space was very limited. 
  We were able to get packed and Steven, Connor, Ivy and I headed on our way. Connor slept most of the car ride. We took this as a blessing! On the way there we stopped in Asheville to have lunch with some of Steven's camp friends. Claire and Mary enjoyed passing Connor around and I enjoyed having empty hands so I could eat my yummy lunch!

  Finally, we made it to the cabin. Connor was a trooper and only got fussy the last leg of the trip. Can't complain about that. We enjoyed a laid back weekend of family, good food and relaxation. 
  I would call Connor's first trip a success! 
Week 4


I'll Make A Handyman of You Yet!
 Thursday was full of errands that I had put off all week. I called Michael to see if she wanted to get lunch with me and come along for the ride while I check some things off my to do list. Michael, being the gracious friend she is, said yes. 

Lunch - We decided to swing by to see if Nhia wanted to come with us. Tim decided to come too! We had planned on going to Sweet Pickle, a local bakery/sandwich shop. They were closed for the week. We headed over to the Research Campus to try out Depompa's new place....it was cafeteria style, not our style. We ended up at Village Grill in Cannon Village. Steven and I have walked pass this place many times. It's just a little dive but I was surprised at how good it was! Plus, the people who worked there were super nice and excited to see Connor. We will be repeat customers! 

Windstream - Wednesday night lightening hit our lines and blew the modem and killed Steven's computer...BIG SIGH! I thought I could just go to Windstream and switch out our modem. No such luck. They told me that the modem belonged to me and that we could purchase another one for $75.00. Oh, and it has to be a Windstream monitor. SERIOUSLY! It's summer and I'm probably not working next year. We can't just drop $75.00! Thankfully, Steven's parents had an old Windstream modem and it works like a charm. Praise! 

Lowes - Next we headed over to Lowes. I had to get a toilet auger thanks to dropping a few wipes in the pot and accidentally flushing them. I was distracted okay! Connor helped pick it out. My dad will be so proud of the little handyman! I also picked up some herbs and a pot for my herb garden. I'll be checking that off my list soon. ( The only thing keeping me from being completely done with this is organic soil. Doesn't it seem like you should plant things you eat in organic soil. I'm researching.) 



Hobby Lobby - Our final stop was Hobby Lobby to pick up some fleece to cut out liners for Connor's diapers. I can't stand how wet his diapers feel and I don't like all that moisture right on his skin. Katie says fleece liners will solve the problem. We shall see! 


1 comment:

  1. What, you doubt me?

    Oh, and I'm personally appalled at the abuse displayed by Daddy tomato. What a shame.

    p.s. I was going to do a Ketchup post last week! Too funny.

    p.s.s. Connor is ridiculously cute holding that toilet snake.

    ReplyDelete