Remember when decisions could be made by picking a hand or choosing a number between 1-10? Or better yet, when mom and dad made the big decisions for you.
I absolutely cannot commit.
I've prayed, budgeted, discussed and mulled over this decision since before Connor was born.
Will I return to work next year?
Returning to work in August
Pros
Salary
Being around adults and kids
I love my job
Cons
Connor will just be 6 weeks old
I won't get to spend as much time with Connor
Finding a trusted sitter for Connor
It's going to be a stressful beginning learning how to deal with all of the budget cuts
Returning to work in December
Pros
I'll get to spend the first 6 months entirely with Connor
I know that living on one income is short term
I'll definitely have a position to return to AT SHADY BROOK.
I don't have to fully commit to one decision or another!
Cons
Starting halfway through the year will be very difficult
It will be harder emotionally to return (I'm assuming)
If staying at home isn't for me, there will be an end in site.
Not returning until next school year
Pros
I'll get to spend Connor's entire first year with him.
Who wouldn't like a year off from work??
Steven and I will have more time off together. Steven does not currently have Saturdays off.
Cons
Um...money. We're looking at some seriously lifestyle changes.
I'm only guaranteed a position within the school system, not the school.
I'm worried I won't be able to stand being at home all the time.
Heavenly God,
Please grant me the clarity to make the best decision for me and my family. Amen.
Awww, Liz! I can't imagine having to make a decision like that so soon after a baby was born. That's a tough one. I could tell you what I think I would do...but I don't really know what I would do considering I don't have a child and I'm not a teacher. I'll send happy decision-making vibes your way instead :) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSometimes, if God is being quiet; it means He's given you all the wisdom you need to make the best decision. As in, there are going to pros and cons either way...it's just a matter of which set gives you the most peace.
ReplyDeletePrayers! I can't imagine if I actually had a choice what I would do!