1. Read a magazine cover to cover - This was much more relaxing than I expected. I read Better Homes and Gardens June 2011 issue. It was nice but it took me FOVEVER. I forced myself to read the recipes and the gardening sections. I usually skip those because I'm not terribly interested in either. Now I've got a serious magazine backup! I have two issues of BHG to read and 4 issues of Parents. All in good time I suppose.
2. Bake a fancy cake - This one is in the works. I've picked out the recipe and plan to debut it at book club on Friday. The only downfall is that the recipe is so super detailed that I don't plan on trying it out first....hope it's good or the entire book club will suffer!
3. Take Connor to the zoo - Seriously, who am I kidding? I can hardly get the kid to the store plus it's WAY too hot! I'll be switching this one out eventually.
4. Go on a date - Dunnzo! Don't judge me! It was no secret I was having trouble adjusting to the whole "you can't leave the house when you're a mother" issue. Steven and I went to see Horrible Bosses while the grandparents babysat. I wish I could say I enjoyed it a little more but all I could think about was getting back home.
5. Trim the hedges - Still too hot.
6. Shop at the farmers market regularly - I've done this every Saturday that we have been in town. We haven't been in town that many Saturdays though!
7. Surprise Steven
8. Plant an herb garden - I could devote a whole post to what a failure this was....maybe because I skip the gardening sections in BHG??? We'll come back to this one!
9. Read a classic novel - Just picked the novel out but it's $10.00 on the Kindle. I believe I'll be going to the library to check it out.
10. Blog regularly - In the works. Maybe I should have defined regularly.
I skip the gardening sections too; but I live for their recipes. Okay, perhaps that's a bit extreme.
ReplyDeleteWhich classic novel?